Thursday, April 2, 2020

call me conspiracy theory nut if you want.

Trump ain't goin

What happens to the election of a President during Martial Law?

I am curious if any lawyers or politicians know the specifics of what the Voting and Election laws are in place to elect a President in the United States of America when we are in a state of Martial Law, which is the temporary suspension of our normal system of government that is suppose to be used ONLY in times of dire emergencies. If the President declares Martial Law come Nov. 4, 2008, will there be elections? As I understand it, there are no limits to how long we can be in a state of Martial Law. What if an extreme situation arose, either manufactured or natural, occurs prior to the election in which President Bush is able to stay President longer than Constitutionally allowed? I have search everywhere for this answer and have not found a single iota of contemplation into this issue which deeply troubles me considering the track record of the Administration. Someone with professional understanding of government, political science, or the Constitution help me PLEASE!
Update:
Excellent research Amanda, thank you! Heres another interesting article referenced by one of your links. http://news.pacificnews.org/news/view_article.html...
I was afraid that there were plans to bring the US into Martial Law in time for the elections. Republicans know they have lost their power and they are ALL sitting ducks. Yet they plan out their reign of terror for decades to come as if they KNOW they will have a position to implement them from. This deeply troubles me, and with the detention camps they are building, it seems so true that if they dont feel they can steal a third election, they will move from a strategy of deceit to a strategy of force against us. They call this movement against them an "insurgency" and will likely suppress any dissent. If this is true we will end up like the Germans, war ravaged at the hand of our own govt and people like you and I will likely die at the hand of other nations coming to save us.

Based on the existing laws, Congress would have to vote to postpone or cancel the elections. However NSPD-51 (link below) allows the President to do whatever is necessary during a state of emergency to ensure continuity of government. In this case, I don't imagine it would be too hard for him to postpone elections. I know most presidents in the past have had similar directives, so don't freak out about it.
I did find a couple of articles about some interesting stuff. I knew about the Patriot Act and the Military Commissions Act, but I wasn't aware of detention camps being built. You have to be kidding me... Is this true?? If it is, it looks like we are well prepared to become a police state.

No comments: